Thursday, July 16, 2009

Just The Beginning!





Keegan and I tied the knot on May 30, 2009! It took a year and a half of planning, but it was well worth the wait! I wanted a very unique and modern wedding. I didn't want anything traditional or normal. The color scheme was bright yellow and pewter. I absolutely love those colors together and it was definitely unique. Keegan's favorite color is yellow so that is why I chose it. Now that the wedding is over I find myself picking the color yellow a lot more often for things. It is slowly becoming my favorite color as well!

I wore a all lace La Sposa gown with a high neck halter neckline. I loved it because it has a modern twist on the traditional lace gown. The neckline made it one of a kind! I also wore a birdcage veil to bring in an old hollywood element. My Mom made all of my jewelry and my flower headpiece. My bracelet was made out of a vintage broach. She added pearls and swarovski crystals to create the bands. It was definitely a statement piece. My flower headpiece was made with a fabric flower, pearls, swarovski crystals, ostrich feathers, and some birdcage netting. It means a lot to me that I was able to wear accessories handmade by my Mom! She is so talented! My cousin and bridesmaid Danny did my hair and makeup. She did a fabulous job and achieved the old hollywood/modern twist/classic look I was going for. She is very talented as well and I'm so lucky she was apart of our big day!

My bridesmaids wore pewter taffeta dresses with pewter pearl jewelry also made by my Mom. They each carried yellow bouquets which were a smaller version of mine. Keegan wore a black tux with an ivory vest and tie. The groomsmen wore black tuxes with pewter vests and ties. They all had yellow boutineeres.

The flowers were ALL yellow. We had calla liles, ranuculous, billy balls, and awesome peonies! I didn't want any roses (too typical). Behind the flowers were big tea leaves folded over in a loop. They added some drama to the bouquets!

The day was absolutely wonderful and everything went perfectly! It was an amazing day and we really appreciate everyone who took part in it. Keegan and I are so grateful to have had the day of our dreams!

1 comment:

  1. I sooo took most of those pictures! : ) You looked soo amazing! I had so much fun! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete